A weekly meme hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is… Standalone Books That Need a Sequel
So I decided to do a topic that was done a few weeks ago but I missed. I decided to do this because I’ve realized most standalones are great as is, and don’t need a sequel, and most series feel complete to me that I can’t even imagine another book.
So without further ado…
1. How to Make a Wish by Ashley Herring Blake – ONE OF MY FAVORITE COUPLES EVER. #ProtectGraceAndEvaAtAllCosts.
2. Shades of Wicked (Night Rebel #1) by Jeaniene Frost – Ian and Veritas’ are amazing! Bisexual icons, the both of them. They are one of my favorite couples that’s come out of the hate to love trope.
3. Hothouse Flower (Calloway Sisters #2) by Krista Ritchie, Becca Ritchie – Not to be dramatic or anything, but I would die for Raisy. Ryke and Daisy are literally the first people to support and love each other no matter what, I’m crying.
4. Darkfever (Fever #1) by Karen Marie Moning – Barrons is really scary. But I do love the dynamic between Barrons and Mac. The banter is A+.
5. The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air #1) by Holly Black – The superior enemies to lovers couple. This is a slow burn, real enemies to lovers romance, and you have to pick it up.
6. How To Be A Normal Person by T.J. Klune – My favorite T.J. Klune book. Gus and Casey are the perfect opposites attract couple. They challenge each other in the best way possible, and I’m here for it.
7. Something About You (Saint and Lucky #1) by Riley Hart – Opposites attract is one of my favorite tropes ever. This author executes it so well here. Saint and Lucky are so cute, and seeing their relationship develop over this duology was a blessing.
8. Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress #1) by Jeaniene Frost – Cat and Bones are basically Buffy and Spike reincarnate. That’s probably why I love them so much.
9. Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls #2) by Ally Carter – This was my first ship. 13-year-old me is shaking at how far Cammie and Zach have come.
10. They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera – This book murdered me. Mateo and Rufus were heartbreaking but oh so adorable. Every time I think about them I want to cry.
What are some of your favorite couples? 🙂