These are books I randomly picked up and ended up loving!
1. Renegades (Renegades #1) by Marissa Meyer – I haven’t been super active on Goodreads lately, so I’m not sure if this was hyped up a lot. But I love everything that has to do with superheroes, so when I stumbled upon this it seemed like something I’d love.
2. The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw – I randomly found this on Netgalley and decided to request this. And I don’t know why, but I wasn’t expecting much from this. I am forever grateful that I decided to request this. I loved it!
3. Like Water by Rebecca Podos – I wish more people would read this. I’ll admit it took me a while to fully immerse myself into it, but I ended up really liking it. Both characters are so very human, they made mistakes, and the author made sure we saw them at the worst. It was a raw read, I definitely recommend it!
4. Alice (The Chronicles of Alice #1) by Christina Henry – I’m not a huge horror fan. This book was completely out of my comfort zone, but I ended up liking it.
5. How to Say Goodbye in Robot by Natalie Standiford – To this day I still don’t know how I found this book. It was released in 2009, so I wasn’t involved in the book community when it was released. This is a very unique YA story, I think that’s why I ended up liking it so much.
6. You’ll Miss Me When I’m Gone by Rachel Lynn Solomon – This was one of my favorite books of 2017. I remember reading this in almost one sitting. The characters gripped me from the first page.
7. First Position by Melissa Brayden – This is a great story between two ballerinas who fall in love when they are forced to work together. It’s a story about love, acceptance, and figuring out where you belong in the world.
8. Tash Hearts Tolstoy by Kathryn Ormsbee – I had no idea what to expect about this story. But I love YA contemporary books, so I decided to pick it up. I ended up enjoying it a lot.
9. The Remaking of Corbin Wale by Roan Parrish – I hadn’t heard anything about this before I picked it up. This book is a bit unconventional, but I loved it!
10. A Hundred Thousand Words by Nyrae Dawn – I picked this up because of the cover. I mean it’s rare to see someone on a cover who isn’t white. I adored it! New adult fans should definitely check this out!
What are some book you picked up on a whim?