A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is… Ten New-to-Me authors I read in 2017
1. T.J. Klune – He has become one of my all-time favorite authors, and I can’t believe I just discovered him. I have yet to read a book from him that I don’t like and I doubt that will ever happen. He puts so much effort into his characters which makes them so complex. I can read any genre he chooses to write.
2. Avon Gale – I’ve read four of her books, both solo works and collaborations, all in 2017 and I’ve adored all of them! Her characters and their relationships with their LI are always A+, and the supporting characters are fleshed out. She writes such feel good stories, and I can’t wait to see what she comes up with in 2018.
3. Santino Hassell – I’ve read his books with Megan Erickson before 2017, but this was the first year I’ve read his solo books, and they are amazing! This was one of my favorite books of 2017, and I’ve started reading his Five Boroughs series. Hopefully I can read all his books in 2018.
4. Adam Silvera – I KNOOOOOOOOWWWWW. I can’t believe I haven’t read a book by Adam before. *sob* Everyone told me they were amazing, and I didn’t listen. I fell in love with Mateo and Rufus in They Both Die at the End, and I can’t wait to see what his other characters are like. I think I’ve been hesitant to read his books because I’ve heard they’re pretty sad.
5. Becky Albertalli – Lmao I’m a little late. I just read Simon Vs. and I loved it! But that means I’m just in time for the movie, which looks fantastic. I still have to read The Upside of Unrequited, which I can hopefully get to soon! Also next year brings the collaboration with Becky and Adam and the world is not ready.
6. Ashley Herring Blake – Can you believe my number 1 book of 2017 was from an author I’d never even heard of before 2017?! I am forever thankful I took a chance and requested this on Netgalley. I read How to Make a Wish waaay back in January 2017 and it stuck with me all year and it remained my favorite book of the year.
7. Roan Parrish – I’m thankful that I follow people on Twitter who are always talking about quality romances because I always find amazing new books and authors. I was introduced to Roan this year and I read two of her books and was very impressed. The Remaking of Corbin Wale was so unique, I know it will stay with me for a long while.
8. N.R. Walker – Switched was such a cute friends-to-lovers story. I loved it so much that I had to check out everything else Walker had written. I’ve read a lot of them, and liked most of them so I’m happy I finally gave this author a chance in 2017!
What this top ten has shown me is that I don’t pick up enough new-to-me authors. That is something I definitely want to work on this year! Also I didn’t notice until the end that this list is very gay and I’m here for it.