This look like such a fun tag. I had to try it!
- Randomly choose 3 books (I wrote them down and placed them in a mug and randomly drew them out like I did my other tags)
- For each group, decide which book to burn, which one to rewrite, and which to reread.
- Repeat until you completed three rounds (or as many as you want)
Let’s do this!
- Burn – Flirting With Scandal by Chanel Cleeton: This was a toss up burn and rewrite. However, I think The Raven King needs a rewrite more than anything.
Rewrite – The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater: I feel like this was such a letdown to the series. First on my rewrite list, give Noah a story arc he deserved.
Reread– Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway: One of the best YA contemporary books I’ve ever read. I love Emmy’s relationship with her parents, her friends, and Oliver, of course.
- Burn – Every Breath by Elle Marney: Nothing against this book at all. It’s just that I can’t in good conscious burn the other two books.
- Rewrite – They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera: I’d rewrite this so… you know… they don’t actually die at the end.
- Reread– Fast Connection by Megan Erickson & Santino Hassell: This book was pretty much perfect! It’s one of my all time favorites, you should all check this series out.
- Burn – Cinder by Marissa Meyer: Lol this wasn’t even hard. I never did finish this book.
- Rewrite – Damaged Like Us by Krista & Becca Ritchie: For the most part I liked this book. Except for one very awful part… Rose Calloway & Connor Cobalt would never betray their child like that.
- Reread– Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde: This is such a cute story. I smile just thinking about it.
- Burn – Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon: I literally don’t remember anything about this book. But I checked Goodreads and I gave it one star. Yikes.
- Rewrite – Slasher Girls & Monster Boys by Various Authors: For the most part I really like this anthology. I would just rewrite the few stories I didn’t like. I’m looking at you Danielle Paige and McCormick Templeman.
- Reread– Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning: This was the perfect ending to a really great series. (Yes, this is the real ending. I am pretending the spin-off books never happened.)
- Burn – The Devil You Know by Trish Doller: Eh, there was nothing special about this book. Not a hard decision.
- Rewrite – Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo: Fuck me, I don’ want to change anything about this, but I can’t burn it and HTMAW is perfect in every way. I guess maybe there were parts in the middle that dragged just a little bit… I’d rewrite the bare minimum y’all.
- Reread– How to Make a Wish by Ashley Herring Blake: My favorite book of 2017, everybody. I found Grace so relatable. I remember I had to put the book down to kind of let it sink in how much I loved her.
- Burn – Illuminae by Jay Kristoff & Amie Kauffman: This book was boring as fuck. I’m sorry, but it was.
- Rewrite – The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson: This book was pretty good. The one thing I didn’t like was the pacing of it, it was just so long. This was a whopping 519 pages. I’d edit this down like 100 pages.
- Reread– Made You Up by Francesca Zappia: These. Characters. They are beautifully flawed. I love this book.
I tag anyone who wants to do this. Have fun!